Art for All
What is Art For All?
Scouts, neighborhood and homeschool groups can join us for a fun, one-session workshop! Choose from an array of new and
time-tested projects including clay and theater, or design a project suited to your interests. For Scouts, Art For All can help
meet requirements for both art and drama badges.
Who can participate?
Classes are available for children in Kindergarten and above! Class size is a minimum of 6 and limited to 14 for painting or theater and 12 for pottery.
When can I book an Art For All?
Art For Alls are available Saturdays from 11:00am-12:00pm. Other days or times are available depending on facility availability. Please contact The Art Place to schedule your party no less than 3 weeks prior to your requested date.
How Much are Art For Alls?
Each workshop is priced between $5.00 to $7.00 per student plus a refundable deposit of $60. Fees subject to change. Please contact the facility to confirm price.
How can I reserve a spot for my group?
Easy! Troop leaders or group parents can fill out an application and email completed applications to Emma Blessing at email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: “Art For All” is an outlet for those seeking specific experiences in art and performance. It is not for birthday parties or similar activities. Check out our Arty Party program instead!
What is an Arty Party?
It’s a super fun and creative way to throw your child a memorable birthday party! You choose from an array of our fun birthday party projects or design your own for a nominal fee and we handle the rest!
Who can participate?
Parties are available for children ages 5 and above. Class size is a minimum of 6 and limited to 14 for painting or theater and 12 for pottery.
When can I book an Arty Party?
Arty Parties are available Saturdays from 11:00am-1:00pm. Other days or times are available depending on facility availability. Please contact The Art Place to schedule your party no less than 3 weeks prior to your requested date.
How much is an Arty Party?
Each party is priced between $5 to $7 per child plus a refundable deposit of $60 and room rental fee of $20 an hour, 2 hour max. Fees subject to change. Please contact the facility to confirm price.
Clay Handbuilding Workshop
Here is a great chance for your group to explore the wonderful world of clay! Students will learn the basic techniques of ceramics and Scouts can earn their pottery badge. Group leaders must choose projects prior to class. Pieces will be built in one glass and available 2-3 weeks after the class.
$7 per child, Length: 1 hour
– Dragons: Wings, and scales, and fire, oh my! Create a unique clay dragon to live in your room.
– Animal Rattles: We’ll show you how to make a clay rattle; you’ll turn it into an awesome creature.
– Masks: What ferocious face will you make? Create a wacky clay mask to hang on your wall.
– Froggies or Fishies: Create all the pieces your own aquatic pal or reptile friend!
Storytelling or Improvisational Theater
with Black Box Tour
Come experience a very unique workshop where your group will have a chance to explore the rules and structure of storytelling only
to get the chance to reinforce those ideas by getting their first taste of Improvisational Theater! This is a high octane class built for
maximum creativity and learning!
$5 per child, Length: 1 hour
– Improve your Improv: Theatre class that includes learning the basics of Improv through theatre games and skills.
Visual Art Workshop
with Gallery Tour
Complete a visual art project. Students will learn the basics of drawing or painting and Scouts can earn their painting badge. Project will be completed and be taken home the day of class. Projects will be done on a suitable paper provided by The Art Place. Group leaders must provide their own canvases if they wish to use them.
$5 per child, Length: 1 hour
*Gallery could be in between exhibits and not available*
– Bugs and Butterflies: Learn to draw them both or make a creation!
– Rainbow Fish: Hear the story, draw the fish or make a fun collage!
– The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Make fun papers with your friends, then build caterpillar collages.
– Seasonal Fun: Create a piece of art suited to the time of year.
– Watercolor Water Lillies: Create your own Impressionist masterpiece in the style of Monet, with watercolors or paper collage.
– Ok O’Keefe: Learn a little bit about Georgia O’Keefe and make a painting project that incorporates her style.
– Create a Journal/Art Book: Create your very own basic journal to save your thoughts and doodles.
- Arty Parties and Art for Alls are not done in June, July, or December due to programming.
- Per child fee covers art instruction and supplies.
- Art activity will last 40-60 minutes.
- Deposit is due upon booking your event and is refundable if the space is left as it was found.
- Cancellations must be made 7 days out to receive your deposit back.
- Per child fee will be collected day of the party.
- All events must pay for a minimum of 6 children.
- An RSVP of the number of children attending the party must be communicated to The Art Place at least 3 days prior to the party.
- Your $60 deposit is refundable if the space is left as it was found. You must call the week after your event to arrange for your deposit refund. Unfortunately your deposit cannot be used for the day of the party.
Additional Arty Party information
- Deposit is due upon booking your party. Arty Party rental fees are due with deposit.
- A ratio of 5 children per 1 adult must be maintained during the entire party including the art activity, so please plan accordingly.
- The Art Place is NOT responsible for decorating or for any other portion of the party except the art activity.
- Please make sure that all decorations can be hung without damaging or putting holes in the walls.